Monday, March 29, 2010

"Well, this is a Happy/Sad state of affairs..."

You may have noticed that there was no new episodes of "The Real X Files" last weekend or this weekend. I've been trying to post an episode every week (with the exception of the past two weekends I would be out of town and away from my dolls.)

Last weekend, I realized, "Holy Cow! There's only a week and a half before Script Frenzy begins and I need to work on my "script bible"!" If you don't know what Script Frenzy is - it's the sister contest of NaNoWrimo (National Novel Writing Month), except that you write a 100 page script or play.

Well, okay, I had already shot last weeks pictures for "The Real X Files" and I figured, okay, I'll start writing some notes for ideas and then I'll get back to posting the story. No such luck. I was more tired than I realized from my trip, and well, last week's episode didn't get posted. Sorry about that.

And then I was going to post it during the week, but then something else came up - it looks like I might have to MOVE. And no, I'm not happy about it as it means I will be putting the dolls (among other things) into storage for the foreseeable future. Did I mention that I have nearly 200 dolls and did I mention all the crap -- uh, "accessories" --- I have for them? And now I have to pack every last diorama and diorama item up and make sure they are secure and not get lost? Can you see where I might want to scream and throw things, especially since this move is NOT my idea? Okay, I think you get the picture.

ALSO (we're back to the "happy" part here), I'm writing a steampunk story that I'm hoping to have finished by the end of this week -- no, strike that -- it will be finished by the end of this week! And I'm going to be sending that out, as well as doing Script Frenzy this month.

The upshot? There will be ONE last episode of "The Real X Files" and then dolls get packed away until who knows when. I won't even be able to finish the story because of all the other things I'm doing, which makes me sad, but at the same time, I'm glad to have the chance to have my writing published and to become an honest to god PAID writer.

And then maybe I won't be so upset about moving. (I don't mind moving when it's MY idea, but this? Just... NO. I don't want to go into details, but suffice it to say that I'm pissed at certain members of my family who let it come to this.)

Doll Nation will continue for as long as I have some dolls and doll related things out and about. Thank you.

1 comment: